Interesting Corrugated Cardboard Facts
- Corrugated is the only rigid packaging medium that can be cut and folded into an almost infinite range of shapes and sizes.
- Corrugated is strong with a high strength-to-weight ratio.
- Corrugated is a stiff, durable, versatile, economical and lightweight material.
- Corrugated cardboard is made of paper, fluting and lining layers.
- The structural rigidity of corrugated endows it with protective, cushioning qualities.
- Corrugated packaging has superior tear, tensile and burst strength enabling it to withstand the pressures of shipping.
- Corrugated cardboard has the highest recycling rate of any form of packaging in the world.
- Corrugated cardboard is made of condensed wood fibres, and the fluted design of the interior layer of paper traps air within the cardboard. These properties make corrugated cardboard a good insulator.
- Cardboard was first invented in China sometime in the 15th century
Referenced from – Diamond Pak – Corrugated packaging experts, EHow.com, Kidz Search – Encyclopidia for kids